Discussion, Action, Growth, and Exploration
The Connecticut YOUTH Forum
A community outreach program of The Connecticut Forum, the Connecticut YOUTH Forum provides unique and powerful opportunities each year for Connecticut high school-aged students to connect and engage with each other across geographic, economic, social, and racial divides, and grow as individuals, students, and citizens of the world. ALL ARE WELCOME!
The YOUTH Forum is a civil community, established for teens by teens, where curiosity, openness, and acceptance create a safe space for youth to be seen, heard, and validated.
The YOUTH Forum Culture of Validation is at the foundation of all YOUTH Forum activities.
The YOUTH Forum Culture of Validation
In the YOUTH Forum...
1. We value EVERYONE's contribution.
2. We encourage others who are brave enough to speak up.
3. We respect those who choose to listen and not speak.
4. We listen with an open mind and full attention.
5. We ask questions of and respond to each other.
6. We are kind. So, say what you mean, but don't say it mean!
7. We don't put ourselves or others down.
8. We accept ourselves and each other for who we are.
9. We don't gossip. Outside of here, we talk about what was discussed, but we don't use names.
10. We learn from each other and know that learning can happen anytime and anywhere.
11. We connect and have fun!
Learn it. Live it. Pass it on!
Share photos, like us, follow us, and stay connected with us.
Leadership, Engagement, and Enrichment Activities
Historically, hundreds of high school-aged students across Connecticut have engaged in an array of leadership, service learning, and enrichment activities including:
- Connecticut Forum theater events at The Bushnell
- Student-Panelist Roundtable opportunities with expert and celebrity CT Forum panelists
- Monthly Meetings
- Leadership Network
- Annual Student Conference
- Annual Children’s Holiday Party
STAY TUNED FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT
2022-2023 CT YOUTH Forum Programming!