Discussion, Action, Growth, and Exploration
The Connecticut Youth Forum
A community outreach program of The Connecticut Forum that for the past 24 years has been providing unique opportunities for diverse teenagers to connect and engage with each other across geographic, economic, social and racial divides.
The YOUTH Forum is a civil community, established for teens by teens, where curiosity, openness, and acceptance create a safe space for youth to be seen, heard, and validated. The YOUTH Forum Culture of Validation is at the foundation of all YOUTH Forum activities.
The YOUTH Forum Culture of Validation
In the YOUTH Forum...
- We value EVERYONE's contribution.
- We encourage others who are brave enough to speak up.
- We respect those who choose to listen and not speak.
- We listen with an open mind and full attention.
- We ask questions of and respond to each other.
- We are kind. So, say what you mean, but don't say it mean!
- We don't put ourselves or others down.
- We accept ourselves and each other for who we are.
- We don't gossip. Outside of here, we talk about what was discussed, but we don't use names.
- We learn from each other and know that learning can happen anytime and anywhere.
- We connect and have fun!
Learn it. Live it. Pass it on!
Share photos, like us, follow us, and stay connected with us.
Join Us this Summer!
Register and join us at The Connecticut Forum office located on 750 Main Street in Hartford on the 2nd Floor. The times for these special summer meetings are 3 - 6 PM. Pizza will be provided!
Thursday, July 14
Thursday, July 28
Thursday, August 4
Thursday, August 18
Leadership and Enrichment Activities
Each year, more than 750 teenagers from 35 high schools engage in leadership development and enrichment activities that include:
Monthly Meetings, a Violence in Our Lives Project group, a Leadership Network, an Annual Student Exchange Event, an Annual Children’s Holiday Party and Connecticut Forum theater events.