get_template_part( 'partials/content', 'social' ); ?>
- Assign a coordinator to make sure the discussion happens
- Assign a Facilitator who will moderate the discussion
- Recruit people to staff the registration table and greet participants
- Consider the interest level in your community. Will this discussion be conducted with a specific group of for the community at large? How many people do you expect to participate?
- Gather materials on local violence prevention and intervention resources for an information table. Potential sources of information are: an Information Hotline, local YMCA, Hospitals, Community Service Agencies, State Departments of Health, Public Safety, Children & Families, Domestic Violence Agency, or Youth Services Bureau. Enclosed are some “resource sheets” for you to photocopy and use.
- Reserve a space that is accessible, comfortable and has public transportation or parking. Check community calendars for conflicting events.
- Obtain supplies and equipment.